Pacific College of Health and Sciences Help Center

    Faculty / Staff?Click here for Faculty / Staff support

    How to update State and Federal Tax information

    March 1st, 2021

    Login to Paychex (

    Click on ‘My Pay’

    Click on ‘Taxes'

    Click on the right arrow next to the section you would like to update

    Click on ‘Edit'

    Update any information as needed.  Please note, if you select 'No' for the Taxes Withheld section, none of the appropriate taxes will be deducted from your paychecks.  Click 'Save' once you've completed your changes.  The below pop-up message may appear.  Click 'OK'.  There is no need to send in anything additional to HR.

    The IRS provides a Tax Withholding Estimator on their site to help as a resource to help you with calculating the amount of taxes withheld on your checks.  Once you complete the estimator, it will provide suggestions on how to update your Federal W-4, if needed.

    Steps for updating state taxes (if state taxes are applicable) are similar to above.  Please research your state's tax withholding for more information.

    Please note, Human Resources & Payroll cannot provide tax advice to employees or tell you how to fill out your tax forms. If you have specific questions regarding your personal tax situation, please contact a licensed tax advisor. 

    If you encountered any problems during this process, contact our tech support team for assistance. You can reach them by Clicking Here

    Was this helpful?